3DPrinterOS Client for the Raspberry PI
How to install the 3DPrinterOS Client on my RPI?
3DPrinterOS Client connects your 3D Printer to the Cloud.
It supports all platforms, but most users prefer to run it on the RPI because they don't need to keep their PC close to a 3D printer.
3DPrinterOS Client for the RPI is an image, the whole OS with 3DPrinterOS Client running. As a base it uses Arch Linux OS.
Step 1. Generate an image
- Go to the Downloads page and press Request Raspberry Pi image
- Enter your WiFi Network Name and Password, so the image will be connected to your WiFi network straight away. You could leave these fields empty if you are planning to use Ethernet connection, or just want to manually add the WiFi configuration in the future.
- The generated image will be sent to your email.
Step 2. Install the 3DPrinterOS Client image on the SD card
- Prepare your SD Card. Insert into your computer.
- Extract the image file from the downloaded .zip file, so you now have a .img file.
- Flash the image onto the SD Card.
Step 3. Connect your 3D Printer to cloud
- Insert SD Card into RPI
- Turn on RPI
- Connect the printer to RPI
- Go to your account in 3DPrinterOS. You'll see a new printer appear on the Printers page
- Probably, the printer will appear with the waiting for connection status. You need to select the printer type.
This happens when the VID:PID is not unique. Go to the Printer Settings for this.
- And select the appropriate printer type
- Voila! The printer is ready. You are awesome 👏
- Nothing happens after you've turned on the RPI?
Make sure your RPI is connected to the WIFI network. How?.
- The WIFI password changed.
- Find out your RPI IP Address. Read how to find out the RPI's IP address here.
- Connect to your RPI via SSH. How to connect via SSH on Windows, on Linux/Mac
- Change password settings. Read here
Having an issue? Report a problem